Search This Blog

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Getting Healthy with AdvoCare!

One of the major changes I have made in my life recently is taking on the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge.  As much as I hate to admit it, I'm overweight.  I have never been skinny, but since I gained 70 (!!!) pounds with my first pregnancy, things have gone downhill.  Or, really, uphill with the number on the scale!  I lost quite a bit of the weight, but after I stopped nursing, I gained some of it back.  Then I had two more pregnancies that sadly ended in miscarriages.  I gained weight with each of those.  Then, because of sadness over my fertility problems and the fact that I kept trying to get pregnant again, it didn't seem worth the effort to drop the weight and get back into shape.  Thankfully, after some help from a wonderful fertility doctor, I welcomed my second child almost two years ago!  When she was a little over one, I decided it was time to get healthy!  I was tired of being exhausted and feeling uncomfortable.

The first thing I tried was running.  I used one of the couch to 5k apps.  It literally started with running 30 seconds and walking 90 seconds.  I could barely do it!  I am proud to say that I stuck with the program, and in December of 2013, I ran a 5k race!  I ran slowly, but I managed to run the whole time!  It was a huge accomplishment for me!  While I was excited about running, I only dropped a couple of pounds, and I did not look different at all.  I believe that running was good for me, but I needed more.

Did I change my diet at all during this time?  Well, not really!  I now know that I should have!! So, when I heard about the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge, I was intrigued. I was pretty sure that I could follow any diet for 24 days!  My husband and I decided to give it a shot, and I am so glad we did!!  We both lost weight and inches and gained energy.  I cannot say enough good things about the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge!

AdvoCare showed me a whole new, healthy way of eating.  It's mostly clean eating, although during the first 10 days of the challenge your food choices are a little more restricted.  The supplements really helped me make this new way of eating work.  I love it!

My hubby lost 13 pounds, and I lost 10 pounds.  In 24 days!!!  And we have continued to lose weight even now that the challenge is over.  We still use the supplements and eat clean about 80% of the time.  We love AdvoCare so much that we signed up to be distributors.

If you want more information about AdvoCare, please check out our website .

I'll fill you in on more of the details next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment