Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge - The Cleanse Phase

The 24 Day Challenge is broken down into two phases - the cleanse phase and the max phase.  The cleanse phase is the more restrictive part.  No dairy.  NO CHEESE!  I'm not gonna lie - that was tough!  Also, no bread or pasta.  You can have complex carbs like sweet potatoes.  You get to add things back into your diet after the first 10 days, though!  You also drink a fiber drink and take a probiotic.  I had read horror stories about the fiber drink on other blogs.  It's not delicious, but it is not terrible.  You do have to mix it and chug-a-lug!  No letting that bad boy sit around!  My hubby and I had the citrus flavor.  We mixed it with 4 ounces of water and 4 ounces of orange juice.  It was like drinking high pulp orange juice.  Not too bad!

You might be worried about exactly how "cleansing" this phase is.  In my job, I cannot just go to the bathroom whenever I feel like it, so this was a concern.  It was fine.  There was never a feeling of "urgency" or anything like that.  I really did not notice too much of a difference in my bowel movements.  Not an issue at all!

In the cleanse phase, I lost about 5 pounds.  In 10 days.  Yup!  Totally worth giving up cheese!

I will share more details with you next time.  I have to take care of a sick child.  Who gets strep throat in May??

No comments:

Post a Comment